Vehicle theft leads to chase | Federal Way crime blotter
January 3, 2011 · Updated 8:04 PM
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Victim gives chase: At 10:48 a.m. Dec. 28 in the 34800 block of Pacific Highway South, a witness saw an unknown suspect steal a friend's vehicle. The witness and victim pursued the suspect, but the suspect escaped.
• Shoplifter: At 4:23 p.m Dec. 28 at 1900 South 314th Street, a suspect was arrested for shoplifting from Wal-Mart and for possession of marijuana.
• Assault: At 6:25 p.m. Dec. 29 in the 33000 block of 26th Avenue Southwest, a victim was involved in a traffic incident with a group of subjects who damaged the victim's vehicle and struck the victim with a club.
• Property damage: At 5:20 p.m. Dec. 29 in the 3600 block of South 344th Way, a complainant reported that the rear panel of a vehicle was dented and a footprint could be seen within the dented area.
• Chased: At 4:05 a.m. Dec. 30 in the 31800 block of 49th Terrace Southwest, a victim reported she was being chased by a known suspect with a knife. A no-contact order was in place.
• Ex pulls a gun: At 9:07 p.m. Dec. 31 in the 1600 block of South 347th Place, a victim reported her ex-boyfriend pulled a gun and stole items from her purse while returning other items to her.
• Threats: At 3:12 p.m. Dec. 31 in the 28400 block of 18th Avenue South, a suspect threatened via phone to kill two victims.
• Stolen purse: At 9:56 a.m. Dec. 31 at 1207 South 320th Street, a victim's purse was stolen from a shopping cart.
• Counterfeit bills: At 10:07 p.m. Jan. 2 in the 28800 block of Military Road South, a victim reported accepting two fake $20 bills.
• Prescription fraud: At 11:58 a.m. Jan. 2 at 2131 SW 336th St., a suspect attempted to have a fake prescription filled.