- About Us
Potential mail thief cuts victim | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Mailbox theft: At 8:13 p.m. Dec. 16 in the 30600 block of 3rd Avenue Southwest, a victim witnessed two suspects open his mailbox. He approached the suspects. One pulled out a knife and cut the victim on the hand.
• Suspicious buyers: At 3:39 p.m. Dec. 2 in the 35400 block of 1st Avenue South, a victim reported that two subjects visited her apartment to discuss the sale of the victim's vehicle. When the subjects left the apartment, the victim's car keys, money and the vehicle's documentation were missing.
• Possible child abuse: At 2:37 p.m. Dec. 14 at an undisclosed location on 6th Avenue Southwest, a complainant reported a child was observed at school with injuries consistent with abuse. The injuries were verified and the child was taken into protective custody.
• Home burglary: At 8:06 p.m. Dec. 17 in the 36800 block of 1st Way Southwest, a home burglary was reported. A mountain bike, three televisions and four laptops were among the items stolen.
• Residential burglary: At 5:10 p.m. Dec. 17 in the 29400 block of 1st Avenue South, police investigated a residential burglary. The home's door was kicked in and several electronics valued at more than $10,000 were stolen.
• Assault: At 12:14 a.m. Dec. 17 in the 31000 block of Pacific Highway South, a victim intervened when he saw a subject being assaulted by two suspects. The suspects then assaulted the intervening victim, cutting him on the hand and hitting him in the head multiple times.
• Malicious mischief: At 9:25 p.m. Dec. 18 in the 100 block of Southwest Campus Drive, a victim reported an unknown suspect broke the windshield and passenger window of her vehicle. The vehicle also suffered two flat tires.
• Snatched purse: At 12:04 p.m. Dec. 18 at 1917 S. Commons, a victim's purse was stolen when she set it down to try on clothes. The purse contained $500 the victim planned to spend on Christmas gifts for her children.