Unleashed pit bulls roam Safeway | Federal Way crime blotter
December 16, 2010 · Updated 8:27 PM
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Dog scare: At 8:19 p.m. Dec. 8 at 28810 Military Road South, two unleashed pit bulls were seen inside Safeway. The dogs’ owner was located and told police the dogs were let outside to go to the bathroom and escaped a fenced yard. Neither of the dogs and none of the grocer’s customers were harmed.
• Redbox rage: At 6:22 p.m. Dec. 9 at 28719 Military Road South, a man and his son were getting a movie at Redbox when a suspect hit the man in the back of the head with a scooter. The victim was punched and kicked several times, then hit in the head with a glass bottle by another suspect. The first suspect later tried to kick out the window of a patrol vehicle and assaulted an officer.
• Get high with your robber: At 1:52 p.m. Dec. 7 at 31130 Pacific Highway S., a victim reported a known suspect robbed him at gunpoint of his gold chain and pendant valued at $1,000 prior to the victim smoking marijuana with the suspect.
• Assault: At 6:30 p.m. Dec. 8 in the 33500 block of 7th Way Southwest, a victim reported he was assaulted by three males who took his phone, jacket and money, then fled on foot.
• Potential abuse: At 10:14 a.m. Dec. 9 in the 33900 block of 19th Avenue Southwest, a complainant called police and reported she believes her daughter was possibly assaulted by a school teacher.
• Christmas thieves: At 8:03 a.m. Dec. 9 in the 30000 block of 1st Place South, it was reported that Christmas decorations were stolen from a person’s property.
• Doling out medication: At 9:20 a.m. Dec. 10 at 1415 S.W. 314th St., police were called to Lakota Middle School where a student was expelled for distributing allergy medication to her friends.
• Robbery: At 7:32 p.m. Dec. 12 in the 31000 block of 18th Avenue South, four unknown suspects attacked a victim and stole $50 while he delivered pizza.