- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Burglar torches safe at Arby's | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Commercial burglary: At 7:43 a.m. Nov. 18 at 34404 16th Ave. S., an unknown suspect entered Arby's overnight and used a torch to cut open a safe. An unknown amount of cash was stolen.
• Theft: At 9:39 a.m. Nov. 14 in the 30900 block of 1st Avenue South, a victim reported that overnight, a suspect put the victim's vehicle on blocks and stole its wheels.
• Forced entry: At 8:04 a.m. Nov. 15 in the 100 block of South 308th Street, it was reported that an unknown suspect forced entry into a convertible car by cutting its top. The suspect then used a hand tool to unbolt and steal the car's seats.
• Sexual assault: At 10:19 p.m. Nov. 16 at 160 S.W. Campus Drive, a victim was approached by an unknown male while shopping at WinCo. The man sexually assaulted the victim, then fled the store.
• Arson threats: At 10:09 p.m. Nov. 16 in the 27400 block of Pacific Highway South, it was reported that an unknown man called a victim from a blocked number and threatened to burn the victim's vehicle if he or she talked to the suspect's ex-girlfriend.
• Home burglary: At 6:21 p.m. Nov. 17 in the 30300 block of 19th Place Southwest, a suspect kicked in the door of a victim's residence and ransacked the place. The suspect stole a television, cash and two shotguns.
• Counterfeit cash: At 3:33 p.m. Nov. 17 at 34615 16th Ave. S., a Walmart employee reported the store had accepted counterfeit cash.
• Fraudulent activity: At 3:43 p.m. Nov. 19 in the 1700 block of South 371st Court, a victim reported an unknown suspect gained access to her personal finances through a computer. The suspect stole $8,000. The victim was reimbursed by her credit union.
• Residential burglary: At 6:02 p.m. Nov. 18 in the 1000 block of Southwest 350th Place, a residence was broken into. The suspect stole jewelry and money worth $5,550.
• BB gun: At 5:20 p.m. Nov. 18 in the 2500 block of South 286th Place, an unknown suspect fired a BB at a rear slider door of an apartment. Five family members were near the door when the pellet damaged the property.
• Stolen purse: At 1:20 p.m. Nov. 18 at 34520 16th Ave. S., a victim reported a purse stolen from a shopping cart while the victim was in the Walmart Supercenter. Cash, a cell phone and credit cards were in the purse.