- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Victim is beaten and stabbed in wooded area | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Assault: At 11:51 a.m. Nov. 8 in the 1300 block of South 336th Street, it was reported that an assault took place in a wooded area off South 336th Street. The victim was beaten severely about the face and stabbed in the hand with an unknown object. He suffered multiple fractures to the eye socket and nose. The victim suspects a known homeless man of the assault.
• Runaway: At 2:44 p.m. Nov. 5 in the 2700 block of South 275th Place, police were dispatched to a report of a juvenile runaway. The juvenile has a history of running away and leaving the state. Complainants suspect the runaway is associating with older men via social networks.
• Prostitution: At 2:40 a.m. Nov. 6 in the 2600 block of Pacific Highway South, a juvenile agreed to perform oral sex for $40. The juvenile was contacted as part of an undercover operation.
• Stolen phone: At 5:57 p.m. Nov. 7, a suspect cut a metal wire and stole an iPhone 4 from a retailer.
• Felony warrant: At 11:47 a.m. Nov. 7 in the 31600 block of 13th Avenue Southwest, a complainant reported a suspicious vehicle. Police contacted the subjects. One had a felony warrant from Ellensburg.
• Stolen car recovered: At 5:02 a.m. Nov. 7 in the 35600 block of Enchanted Parkway, an officer spotted a stolen BMW. The driver fled. Police later found the car abandoned and performed a K-9 search. The suspect was located.
• Dog versus raccoon: At 10:55 p.m. Nov. 8 in the 1300 block of Southwest 351st Street, a witness reported a subject's dog attacked and killed a raccoon when the raccoon trespassed on property. The dog was taken to the veterinarian to be checked for diseases and injuries.
• Fraudulent activity: At 9:59 p.m. Nov. 8 in the 23800 block of 30th Avenue South, a victim reported unauthorized use of bank accounts and reported suspecting his or her son's stepmom of the fraudulent activity. Charges amounted to $19,000 over a two-day period.
• Counterfeit check: At 5:17 p.m. Nov. 8 at 28810 Military Road South, it was reported that a suspect cashed a counterfeit payroll check at a grocery store.