- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Suspect reports false shooting after pot stolen | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• False report: At 9:49 p.m. Nov. 1 at 36900 Milton Road South, a victim called 911 and reported he was shot by an unknown suspect. Further investigation revealed he was not shot and fabricated the story after his marijuana was stolen.
• Fraud: At 2:50 p.m. Oct. 27 in the 30400 block of 10th Avenue South, an unknown suspect stole a victim's checks and used them to make purchases amounting to $613.
• Theft: At 8:16 a.m. Oct. 28 in the 33300 block of 18th Lane South, a computer and gun were stolen from a home.
• Fake tickets: At 11:51 a.m. Oct. 29 in the 31400 block of 28th Place Southwest, a victim reported that he or she purchased tickets off Craigslist and later found out the tickets were voided. The victim was out $480.
• Counterfeit: At 5:21 p.m. Oct. 30 in the 35100 block of Enchanted Parkway South, a suspect tried to pay for groceries with a counterfeit $20.
• Mischief: At 12:38 p.m. Oct. 30 at 1936 S. Commons, an unknown suspect broke a display case at Kay Jewelers. Nothing was taken.
• Drive-by paintball: At 11:10 p.m. Oct. 31 in the 32500 block of 41st Avenue Southwest, a victim was shot with a paintball by unknown suspects while driving.
• Coin box theft: At 10:56 a.m. Oct. 31 in the 2200 block of Southwest 334th Place, a suspect broke into a laundry room and used a cutting torch to cut and steal coin boxes from washing machines.
• Loose dog: At 5:12 p.m. Nov. 1 in the 29600 block of 10th Place South, a pit bull was seen loose in the neighborhood. Animal services was called. The dog became aggressive when animal services personnel tried to detain it.
• Stolen AC: At 3:12 p.m. Nov. 1 at 1718 S. 288th St., an exterior air conditioning unit was stolen from an office building.