Trendy thief snatches one shoe | Federal Way crime blotter
October 21, 2010 · Updated 7:42 PM
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Courteous thief: At 2:41 p.m. Oct. 13 at 1804 S. Commons, a suspect tried to steal one shoe from Famous Footwear. When she was caught and asked why she only attempted to take one shoe, the suspect told police it was because she was not greedy and only needed one, as that was the new fashion.
• Collision: At 1:30 a.m. Oct. 9 in the 2800 block of Southwest 336th Street, police were dispatched to a three-car collision. A suspect was intoxicated and was issued a DUI.
• Assault: At 7:47 p.m. Oct. 10 in the 35800 block of 16th Avenue South, a victim reported he was assaulted by two unknown males as he walked home from the bus stop.
• Threat with a weapon: At 2:54 a.m. Oct. 10 in the 31900 block of 3rd Lane Southwest, a victim reported a suspect pointed and held a gun against her stomach during an argument.
• Domestic violence: At 2:29 a.m. Oct. 10 in the 2500 block of South 286th Place, officers responded to a fight. A dating couple was in an argument. The male slammed his girlfriend to the ground and choked her. The victim hit the suspect in the nose.
• Attempted theft: At 5:51 p.m. Oct. 11 at 1701 S. Commons, a suspect attempted to steal merchandise from Sears. The suspect was arrested and lied about her identity, giving her sister's and cousin's names, to police.
• Gunshots: At 4:03 p.m. Oct. 11 in the 34000 block of 31st Avenue Southwest, witnesses reported hearing gunshots and seeing two cars flee the area at a high rate of speed.
• Aggressive begging: At the Interstate 5 and South 320th Street off-ramp on Oct. 11, police contacted a suspect for aggressive begging.
• Personal care items: At 8:33 p.m. Oct. 13 in the 28800 block of Military Road South, a suspect stole four bottles of body wash and two boxes of laundry detergent.