- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
$130,000 embezzlement at The Commons Mall | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Embezzlement: At 2:28 p.m. Oct. 1 at 1928 Commons, a complainant reported that an employee of Steadfast Companies, owners of The Commons at Federal Way, was thought to have embezzled $130,000 over a few years’ time.
• Burglary: At 7:17 p.m. Oct. 1 in the 100 block of Southwest Campus Drive, a residential burglary took place. The victim reported two rifles and a shotgun stolen.
• Bicycle theft: At 6:47 p.m. Oct. 1 in the 1900 block of Southwest 352nd Street, a victim reported the theft of a bicycle from her yard. The suspect was caught on tape.
• Home burglary: At 7:46 p.m. Oct. 1 in the 2100 block of South 336th Street, a residential burglary occurred. A handgun and a rifle were stolen.
• Assault: At 5:08 p.m. Oct. 1 at 31720 7th Ave. S., officers responded to an assault at an adult family home. The caregiver reported that a client punched her in the arms. The suspect suffers from bipolar disorder and schizophrenia.
• Warrant arrest: At 12:41 p.m. Oct. 1 at 30611 16th Ave. S., a mother advised police that her son had a warrant for his arrest for third degree theft. The suspect was located at school and taken into custody.
• Busted: At 8:26 a.m. Sept. 30 near South 272nd Street, police ran the license plate of a vehicle. Records showed the vehicle was associated with a suspect with an active warrant. Police pulled over the car and questioned the occupant, who originally lied about his name and date of birth to escape arrest. The man eventually admitted to being the warrant suspect.
• Welfare check: At 9:19 a.m. Sept. 30 in the 2200 block of South Star Lake Road, police were dispatched to loud noises at an apartment. The occupants refused to answer the door for police and an apartment manager was sought to gain access. An occupant of the apartment had an outstanding Department of Corrections no bail warrant and two misdemeanor warrants. The suspect was booked.