Police deactivate bomb | Federal Way crime blotter
September 30, 2010 · 4:53 PM
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Bomb: At 3:26 p.m. Sept. 22 in the 30400 block of 11th Avenue South, the Federal Way police bomb squad was called to assist Pierce County as they executed a search warrant in Federal Way. An active explosive device was found. It was countercharged. There were no injuries.
• Jewelry theft: At 3:33 p.m. Sept. 21 in the 34500 block of 16th Avenue South, a suspect was arrested for stealing a gold chain valued at $200.
• Aggressive begging: At 5:47 p.m. Sept. 22 at South 320th Street and Interstate 5, a suspect was arrested for begging when the suspect was seen holding a sign and accepting money from motorists.
• Attempted theft: At 1:06 p.m. Sept. 22 at 1701 S. Commons, a suspect tried to steal a chainsaw from Sears. The suspect exited the store and fled loss prevention personnel.
• Illegal dumping: At 10:01 a.m. Sept. 22 at 36016 1st Ave. S., a complainant reported that overnight someone dumped trash on church grounds.
• Alleged child abuse: At 7:57 a.m. Sept. 22 in the 900 block of Southwest Campus Drive, a school received an anonymous call about an alleged child abuse to a student. Child Protective Services was notified.
• Bribe: At 4:15 p.m. Sept. 22 in the 1600 block of South 312th Street, it was reported that while at work a victim’s phone went missing. The victim called the phone and a “Mr. Wonderful” answered. The person requested a $40 reward for the return of the phone.
• Shoplifters: At 4:53 p.m. Sept. 23 in the 31500 block of 20th Avenue South, a witness reported two shoplifters on fled on foot. One suspect was found and had a Department of Corrections warrant.
• Animal complaint: At 1:43 p.m. Sept. 23 in the 2600 block of Southwest 330th street, police responded to a dog complainant and found two dogs. One of them had an untreated medical condition and was living in inhumane conditions without water, food or shelter. Both animals were confiscated and taken to the humane society. A citation for second degree animal cruelty was issued to the dogs’ owner.
• Rape: At 1:26 p.m. Sept. 23 in the 1000 block of South 316th Street, a victim reported being forcibly raped.