- About Us
Dad contemplates killing his children | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Dad thinks about killing kids: At 4:43 p.m. Sept. 19 in the 1400 block of Southwest 349th Street, police were dispatched to check on a man and his children. The man called a crisis center stating he had thoughts of killing his children. The man arrived home as police were trying to forcefully enter his residence. He told them he dropped the children off at a church with a relative. Police verified this and then committed the man to the hospital for a mental evaluation.
• Stolen money: At 1:21 p.m. Sept. 15 at 2215 Southwest 356th St., a victim reported that cash was stolen from a business safe. There were no damages to the safe. The victim suspects an employee stole the cash.
• Luring: At 9:14 p.m. Sept. 19 in the 1800 block of South 330th Street, police contacted a suspect and a victim in a parked vehicle. Police learned the victim was a 13-year-old. Probable cause for arrest was found and the suspect was booked.
• Disobeying an officer: At 1:42 p.m. Sept. 19 at 600 Southwest 330th Ave., a driver was citied for disobeying police traffic signals. The driver ignored an officer directing traffic and drove through an accident scene.
• Animal problem: At 11:39 a.m. Sept. 19 in the 35100 block of 27th Avenue Southwest, a victim reported a dog had killed six of his chickens and then ran off.
• Stitches: At 12:43 a.m. Sept. 19 at 33216 Pacific Highway South, a man had to get stitches to his face after falling from the top of a vehicle at Evergreen Auto Sales. The suspect was jumping on the car, causing damage, when he fell.
• Assault: At 6:50 p.m. Sept. 20 in the 29000 block of 18th Avenue South, a victim reported her ex-boyfriend shoved her and tried to slash her vehicle’s tires during a confrontation that occurred after the victim found stolen mail and drug needles at her ex’s home.
• Home burglary: At 1:25 p.m. Sept. 20 in the 30000 block of 4th Avenue Southwest, a home burglary took place. Jewelry, a laptop, gaming console and a safe were stolen. There were no signs of forced entry.
• Stabbing: At 2:20 a.m. Sept. 20 in the 1300 block of Southwest Campus Drive, police were dispatched to St. Francis Hospital where a man with a stab wound to his chest reported a suspect tried to rob him.
• Open container: At 8:44 p.m. Sept. 21 in the 2000 block of South 320th Street, a suspect was seen drinking from an open container of beer while sitting in a vehicle. The suspect had a DUI warrant.