Police investigate baby's head injuries | Federal Way crime blotter
September 13, 2010 · 5:55 PM
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Child welfare: At 6:38 p.m. Sept. 3 at an undisclosed location on South 312th Street, police were dispatched to investigate a case where a 6-month-old baby was admitted to the hospital for two fractures to the back of its skull. Doctors and the mother were interviewed. The investigation is ongoing. Police did not find reason to remove the child from his or her home.
• Hit and run: At 6:51 p.m. Sept. 3 in the 34000 block of Hoyt Road Southwest, a suspect’s vehicle struck a vehicle stopped at a light. The suspect tried to flee the scene when the victim’s vehicle struck another vehicle traveling in the opposite direction.
• Burglary: At 3:44 p.m. Sept. 3 in the 36400 block of 6th Avenue Southwest, a victim reported that his or her garage was burglarized. Items valued at $1,900 were taken.
• Theft: At 9:31 a.m. Sept. 3 in the 1900 block of Southwest 321st Lane, an unknown suspect entered a model apartment and stole pillows valued at $75 from a bed.
• Seeing things: At 7:39 p.m. Sept. 4 in the 2500 block of South 286th Place, a complainant called 911 to report he or she was having negative reactions to hallucinogenic mushrooms. Police ran the complainant’s name and found he or she had a warrant. The person was booked into jail.
• Malicious mischief: At 7:37 a.m. Sept. 4 in the 1800 block of Southwest 331st Place, a victim reported that an unknown suspect left plastic cups all over the victim’s lawn and smeared feces all over the victim’s house.
• Shots fired: At 1:48 a.m. Sept. 4 in the 200 block of Southwest 305th Street, police responded to shots fired. A suspect was contacted and the person admitted to possessing the stolen firearm found on location. An arrest was made.
• Slashed tires: At 8:04 a.m. Sept. 5 in the 28600 block of Military Road South, a victim reported four slashed vehicle tires.
• Bomb threat: At 6:13 p.m. Sept. 6 at 1207 S. 320th St., a business received a bomb threat via telephone.
• Broken window: At 2:40 p.m. Sept. 6 in the 28700 block of 13th Avenue South, an unknown subject shot BBs at a window, breaking it.