- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
King County Jail inmate threatens to rob bank | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Threatening letter: At 12:46 p.m. Aug. 23 at 2100 S.W. 336th St., a bank employee received a letter from an inmate. The letter said if the bank did not send $2,000 to the inmate, located in King County Jail, he would come to the bank with a gun and get the money himself. The letter included the man’s name, Social Security number, inmate number and signature.
• Egged: At 9:20 a.m. Aug. 21 in the 30400 block of 3rd Ave. S., it was reported that a car was egged and a mailbox recently smashed.
• Home burglary: At 5:16 p.m. Aug. 23 in the 3600 block of South 334th Street, a suspect burglarized a home and stole $3,500 worth of property. The suspect was arrested.
• Theft: At 6:24 a.m. Aug. 23 in the 35200 block of Pacific Highway South, a victim reported that a suspect broke into an equipment trailer and stole several generators and tools.
• Egged: At 4:05 a.m. Aug. 23 in the 32000 block of 47th Avenue S.W., a victim reported an unknown suspect threw an egg at his car while he was traveling on 47th Avenue S.W. The paint and door on the loaner car were damaged.
• Missing prescription pills: At 8:23 p.m. Aug. 24 in the 30800 block of 9th Place South, a victim reported finding 17 oxycodone pills missing from a bottle. The victim suspects his or her daughter or the daughter’s friends.
• Senior runs away: At 12:22 p.m. Aug. 24 at 32318 29th Ave. S.W., it was reported that a patient in an assisted living home ran away because he was not allowed to have soda. The man has medical issues but is able to care for himself. He has a history of running away and then returning to the home.
• Fight: At 11:19 p.m. Aug. 25 at 2002 S.W. Campus Dr., a victim reported an unknown suspect struck him in the head while in the smoking area outside a bar. The suspect fled the scene.