- About Us
Would-be robber scared off by victim's gun | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Attempted robbery: At 7:46 p.m. Aug. 17 at 31217 Pacific Highway South, a victim was walking into a store when a suspect tried to forcefully take the victim's wallet. The victim pulled out a gun and the suspect ceased the attempted robbery.
• Alarming visitor: At 10:07 p.m. Aug. 17 in the 2100 block of Southwest 338th Street, a complainant reported a person wearing dark clothing and a mask was looking into the victim's home and knocking on windows.
• Theft: At 3:50 p.m. Aug. 16 at 31610 Pacific Highway South, a Car Toys manager reported that a man pretending to be a customer stole a speaker box.
• Domestic Assault: At 11:57 p.m. Aug. 17 in the 33000 block of 22nd Place South, a suspect assaulted a victim in front of a child. The suspect fled and later provided a false name and date of birth when police caught up.
• Rock damage: At 2:50 a.m. Aug. 17 at 31503 Pacific Highway South, an unknown suspect threw a rock through the glass window of a state-owned liquor store.
• Malicious mischief: At 2:57 p.m. Aug. 17 in the 33400 block of 35th Avenue Southwest, a victim reported someone keyed his car with revengeful phrases.
• Fraudulent prescription: At 7:46 p.m. Aug. 18 at 2131 S.W. 336th St., a suspect changed the information on her prescription in an attempt to get stronger medication.
• Theft from vehicle: At 7:10 a.m. Aug. 18 in the 31800 block of 3rd Place Southwest, it was reported that an unknown person broke the windows of a vehicle and stole a company computer and printer.
• Burning car: At 1:02 a.m. Aug. 18 in the 30800 block of 16th Place Southwest, police assisted on a call of a burning car. The car was blocking a roadway and was towed.
• Intruder: At 3:28 p.m. Aug. 19 in the 32000 block of 11th Place South, a victim reported seeing an unknown male in her apartment. The suspect fled when he saw the victim. Entry was made through an open window.