- About Us
Child falls from second-story window | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Child falls from window: At 8:42 p.m. July 28 in the 354000 block of 4th Avenue Southwest, a child was climbing on a second-story window ledge and fell through the screen. The child was transported to Harborview Medical Center in serious condition.
• Stolen copper: At 9:59 a.m. July 27 in the 2000 block of South 324th Street, it was reported that an unknown suspect cut a chain link fence and stole approximately $4,000 worth of copper wire.
• Stabbing: At 6:14 p.m. July 28 in the 34600 block of 4th Place South, it was reported that a victim's ex-girlfriend broke into the victim's home and a fight ensued. The suspect stabbed the victim in the neck with a knife.
• Attempted burglary: At 4:27 a.m. July 28 in the 29200 block of Military Road, a victim witnessed a suspect trying to break into his or her apartment with a screwdriver. The suspect fled.
• Sex offense: At 12:47 a.m. July 28 in the 31200 block of 7th Avenue South, Mary Bridge Children's Hospital employees reported a possible sex offense. A victim was brought in for treatment. The offense is alleged to have taken place at an in-home day care.
• Second-floor fall: At 3:59 p.m. July 29 in the 1700 block of Southwest 300th Street, police responded to a location where an 18-month-old child fell from a second-story balcony. The child fell through railings placed 10 inches apart. The child was conscious and crying following the fall.
• Armed robbery: At 1:38 a.m. July 29 at 2031 S.W. Campus Drive, three suspects armed with a shotgun robbed Taco Bell. They escaped with a significant amount of cash.
• Warrant arrest: At 7:19 a.m. July 30 in the 31600 block of 23rd Avenue South, a suspect was found sleeping in the park. The person had a warrant out of Everett for his or her arrest.
• Mischievous juveniles: At 6:14 p.m. July 31 at 3601 S.W. 336th Street, police responded to Brigadoon Elementary School where three juveniles were seen climbing on the school's roof. Each of them possessed brass knuckles.
• Attempted theft: At 8:42 a.m. July 31 in the 1400 block of Southwest 320th Place, a victim reported that suspects cut a hole in the fence and tried to steal a riding lawn mower.