- About Us
- posted Nov 5, 2013 at 2:13 PM— updated Nov 5, 2013 at 3:16 PM
Sandy Allnock founded Operation Write Home to help overseas military personnel do just that — send cards to their loved ones.
- posted Nov 27, 2013 at 8:56 AM— updated Nov 28, 2013 at 7:56 PM
What’s at stake: A berth into the Class 4A state championship game. The winner of the Federal Way/Chiawana game will play the winner of a game between Camas and Bellarmine Prep on Dec. 7 in the Tacoma Dome. Camas and Bellarmine Prep are playing Saturday inside the Tacoma Dome.
- posted Nov 5, 2013 at 11:26 PM— updated Nov 7, 2013 at 5:22 PM
Election results show Jim Ferrell winning the race for mayor of Federal Way.
- posted Nov 6, 2013 at 12:17 AM— updated Nov 8, 2013 at 3:05 PM
Early election results show Jeanne Burbidge, Kelly Maloney and Martin Moore leading their respective races for Federal Way City Council.
- posted Nov 27, 2013 at 9:30 AM
Diana Noble-Gulliford loves to learn. As an active community member for more than 40 years, Noble-Gulliford is fascinated with the ways that local government influences society.
- posted Nov 6, 2013 at 12:42 AM— updated Nov 7, 2013 at 5:21 PM
The Federal Way School Board will likely see two new faces as Geoffery McAnalloy and Carol Gregory lead their respective races.
- posted Nov 6, 2013 at 12:51 AM— updated Nov 7, 2013 at 5:18 PM
In the race for South King Fire and Rescue commissioner, incumbent Bill Gates is leading with about 57.1 percent of the vote (6,854) over challenger Jerry Galland, who has about 42.7 percent (5,123).
- posted Nov 27, 2013 at 2:45 PM
World War II Battle of the Bulge veteran, Frank Vetere, will be the guest of the Federal Way Lions Club during their meeting at noon at the Federal Way Denny's on 320th Street Dec. 3.
- posted Nov 27, 2013 at 9:48 AM
The election results are known and it is important to thank all who sought elected office, congratulate those who were elected, and thank those who served but are not returning.
- posted Nov 6, 2013 at 3:04 PM— updated Nov 7, 2013 at 5:24 PM
Federal Way native and current Seattle Sounders player Lamar Neagle was honored during the city council's Nov. 5 meeting.
- posted Nov 6, 2013 at 4:39 PM— updated Nov 7, 2013 at 5:24 PM
Joann Piquette, a member of the Federal Way Coalition for the Performing Arts (FWCPA), updated the Federal Way City Council on the group's continued efforts at fundraising for the proposed Performing Arts and Conference Center (PACC) project in downtown Federal Way.
- posted Nov 6, 2013 at 4:32 PM
Regarding the district's new grading system, it is an obstacle to our children's success.
- posted Nov 6, 2013 at 4:13 PM
Scenes from election night gatherings on Nov. 5, 2013, in Federal Way.
- posted Nov 6, 2013 at 4:45 PM
State Rep. Roger Freeman (D-District 30) will hold Community Social Gatherings from 3 to 5 p.m. Nov. 9 at Poverty Bay Cafe, 1108 S. 322nd Pl. in Federal Way, and 1 to 3 p.m. Nov. 23 at Dave's of Milton Restaurant and Lounge, 1502 11th Ave., Milton.
- posted Nov 27, 2013 at 9:52 AM
It was in November 2007 that I first met Andy Hobbs. I had sent him an article I had written for parents about handling holiday stress. In addition, I was passionate about a new sexuality education ministry we had started at our church called Our Whole Lives/Sexuality and Our Faith.
- posted Nov 27, 2013 at 11:15 AM— updated Nov 27, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Jessica Hamas, a student at the Career Academy at Truman High School, was named Federal Way Rotary's "Student of the Month." The announcement was made by Jack Stanford, a Rotary member, at the Federal Way Public Schools (FWPS) board of directors meeting on Nov. 26.
- posted Nov 7, 2013 at 11:06 AM— updated Nov 7, 2013 at 5:26 PM
What's at stake: A berth into the first round of the 16-team Class 4A State Football Playoffs. The winner of the TJ/Skyline game will host the winner of a game between Federal Way and Edmonds-Woodway on Nov. 15 or 16.
- posted Nov 7, 2013 at 11:15 AM— updated Nov 7, 2013 at 5:26 PM
What's at stake: A berth into the first round of the 16-team Class 4A State Football Playoffs. The winner of the Federal Way/Edmonds-Woodway game will play the winner of a game between Jefferson and Skyline. The TJ/Skyline winner will host the first-round game on Nov. 15 or 16.
- posted Nov 7, 2013 at 5:19 PM
Passing with nearly 76 percent of the vote, Proposition No. 1 will restrict the submission of all citizen initiative petitions to the general elections because the voter participation is historically higher at general elections, and to avoid the added expense of a special election.
- posted Nov 7, 2013 at 5:29 PM
Q: Mr. Federal Way, would you ever think about having your kids transfer out of Federal Way Public Schools? I have friends who are legitimately thinking about it because of the grading system.
- posted Nov 8, 2013 at 11:04 AM— updated Nov 8, 2013 at 6:48 PM
Washington State Patrol reports a fatal accident occurred at 10:15 p.m. Thursday along I-5 in Federal Way.
- posted Nov 8, 2013 at 11:48 AM
The Federal Way girls soccer team and junior forward Gabriela Pelogi were just too much for South Kitsap Thursday night.
- posted Nov 8, 2013 at 12:41 PM
There was almost too much going on in the elections to write about everything. So I saved a couple of questions I received until now.
- posted Nov 8, 2013 at 1:09 PM
Figure skating is a sport that’s easy to fall in love with. The athletes seem to float over the ice like a dancer moving across the dance floor.
- posted Nov 8, 2013 at 2:49 PM
“You Can’t Take It With You” will begin at 7:30 p.m. Nov. 8-9 at the school’s Little Theater, and features a cast of FWHS graduates from 1981 through 2010.