While local gardeners know Branches Garden Center for its beautiful array of nursery plants, this time of year, it’s the inside of the shop that offers some exciting possibilities.
Sharon Jensen, owner of the independent, locally owned nursery and Branches Gift Shop, recalls a recent call from a client’s mom in Virginia who wanted to make sure she planned her Thanksgiving visit in time to catch one of Branches’ Girls Night Out events. Others are checking in to see when they can start planning for their seasonal decorating (Hint: you can start now!).
From seasonal decor and garden art to classic, go-anywhere clothing, distinctive, quality pieces – and good prices – have made Branches Federal Way’s go-to gift and decor destination … whether you’re treating yourself or someone special.
1. Gifts for everyone on your list: From specialty spa accessories and gifts for baby, to clothing, jewelry and a good selection of gifts for the men in your life, the eclectic selection of quality giftware at Branches Garden Center lets you do virtually all of your gift shopping in one beautiful space.
“We recently had a customer looking for 15 similar items for her book club – something small, but special,” Jensen says. “As an independent store, we have the ability to offer those kinds of things that make us unique, along with exceptional customer service.”
2. Time to decorate: While spring and summer are often focused on our outside spaces, fall turns our attention inside, and the expansive gift shop at Branches Garden Center offers so much of what you need to create an inviting setting you’ll love coming home to. “We’re all about helping our customers decorate their space.”
3. How can they help? From helping you find that just-perfect sweater in a favorite color or selecting a memorable thank-you for a client, “customers know our staff are pleased to provide help, whether it’s for plants or for gifts,” Jensen says.
4. They make it unique: Jensen travels across the United States for those unique gifts, clothing and decor items you won’t find everywhere else, and that makes a difference, whether you’re looking for that perfect birthday present for mom or a little something special to treat yourself.
“I strive to find things that are fun and you aren’t going to see a whole rack of at the department store,” Jensen says. “I just love hunting for those great finds.”
5. Seasonal celebrations: With harvest time comes a host of fall home decor and gift items – ideal for hostess gifts or to bring a little seasonal flair to your own home. Heading toward the holiday season, a variety of special events are planned at Branches, including a holiday open house in early November and a series of “Girls’ Night Out” events, evenings of gourmet treats, wine, coffee and other beverages, and of course, shopping! There’s tons of door prizes and everyone leaves with a goodie bag. Even better, of the $8 admission, $5 goes to a local charity.
“It’s just a really fun, two-hour shopping evening to share with friends and know you’re also giving back,” Jensen says.