Federal Way animal services helps lost pets, issues licenses

Federal Way began its own animal services unit July 1. Individuals with animal concerns and questions should call (253) 835-PETS.

The unit is working to establish a foster-home system for the pets. Found pets will be placed with foster homes before being sent to the Humane Society for Tacoma and Pierce County, located in Tacoma. The Tacoma shelter can be reached at (253) 383-2733 or

The Federal Way unit will issues pet licenses. Licenses obtained through King County Animal Care and Control will stay valid until their scheduled expiration. Licenses can be renewed online at Pet licensing will also be offered at the police department’s lobby and through the mail. Look for licensing brochures at veterinary clinics and pet stores throughout the city.

Click here to read a report on the decision behind Federal Way establishing its own animal services unit.

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Read the Oct 21
Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Browse the archives.

Friends to Follow

View All Updates