- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Baby it's cold outside: Federal Way weather forecast
Wednesday: Sunny. Highs in the mid-30s, lows in the lower 20s. Southeast wind to 10 mph.
Thursday: Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid-30s, lows in the upper 20s.
Friday: Mostly cloudy with a few flurries possible. Highs in the upper 30s. At night, mostly cloudy with a chance of rain or snow. Lows in the lower 30s.
Saturday: Mostly cloudy with a chance of rain. Highs in the lower 40s. At night, chance of rain, lows in the mid-30s.
Sunday: Cloudy with a chance of rain. Lows in the mid-30s, highs in the mid-40s.
King County Emergency Management, Public Health and Animal Care and Control offer the following tips for preparing for chilly weather:
• Keep cold weather clothing in your vehicle for road emergencies and extra blankets in your car and home for staying warm.
• Fill your car’s gas tank and keep it at least half full at all times to avoid running out of gas due to unexpected weather-related traffic conditions.
• When going outside, wear several layers of loose-fitting, lightweight, warm clothing rather than one layer of heavy clothing. Wear a warm, woolen cap.
• Wrap or insulate pipes and outdoor faucets to prevent them from freezing.
• Assemble an emergency supply kit for your home, car and work or school, with water and non-perishable food, a flashlight and extra batteries, first aid and hygiene supplies. Don’t forget about your pet’s needs too. King County Animal Care and Control has created a video to demonstrate items needed to assemble a pet emergency kit.
• King County Animal Care and Control would like to remind pet owners to check outdoor water bowls because they may freeze and prevent pets from having drinkable water. Sheltering pets from wind and moisture is very important. Wind chill affects pets just like people. Very young and older pets are most susceptible to frostbite and hypothermia. When the temperature drops, make sure pets can go to a warm space, out of the elements.
• Public Health would like to remind residents to never use a gas or charcoal grill, hibachi or portable propane heater to cook indoors or heat your home. They can cause carbon monoxide poisoning that can be fatal. Keep portable heaters away from furniture, draperies and other flammable materials to prevent a fire.
• If residents are able, they are advised to check in on vunerable family members or elderly relatives and friends to make sure they are warm and safe.
• Visit www.takewinterbystorm.org for an emergency preparedness checklist and other helpful information.