- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
SLIDESHOW: Federal Way Farmers Market Chili Cook-off 2009
The Shark Pit team from South King Fire and Rescue won first place as well as the People’s Choice Award in the second annual Federal Way Farmers Market Chili Cook-off, held Sept. 26 at The Commons mall. Firefighters faced off with Federal Way police for chili supremacy, all to raise money for the Special Olympics and South King Firefighters Foundation. Live entertainment was provided by The Max Band. Mirror publisher Rudi Alcott was the emcee. Winners were determined by a panel of judges as well as votes.
The event raised about $3,200 for the charities. To learn more, call Karla at (253) 261-8157 or e-mail email@example.com.
• First place: The Shark Pit (yellow team, South King Fire and Rescue)
Team members: Todd Williams, Shane "Wolfgang" Smith, Sven "Emeril" Schievink, Jim Hugo, Jeff "Iron Chef" Hamel and Eric Suckoll. The Shark Pit also won first place at last year's cook-off.
• Second place: H20 Chili Co. C-Shift's Finest (orange team, South King Fire and Rescue)
Team members: Chris Burdyshaw, Rick Chaney, Joel Barrett, Kevin Crossen, Tyler Wilkins-Haigh, Travis McKenney, Ross Anderson, Anthony John, Cortney Cullison, Eric Hansen, Brian Moore and Bruce Hubbard.
• Third place: Sweat Like a Pig (green team, Federal Way police)
Team members: Ed Fadler, Cary Murphy
• People's Choice: The Shark Pit
• Close finish: Civilian Operations Personnel (black team, Federal Way police) came within one point of the third place team.