- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
8 romantic ideas for Valentine's Day
1. Recreate your honeymoon. Book a night or weekend at the hotel or getaway you stayed at the night of your wedding.
2. Have one of your favorite wedding pictures blown up poster size as a gift.
3. Book a local hotel for the night. Check in prior to your wife’s knowledge and set up the room with rose petals leading from the door to the tub and the bed. Put wine on ice, spread chocolates and confetti on the floor and the bed. Use foil confetti in the colors of your wedding. She will be completely surprised when you both arrive at the hotel and everything is set up.
4. Design a “Build-a-Bear” that is your wife’s favorite animal. Name it after your wife and dress it with a mini version of her wedding gown.
5. Take your spouse on a picnic. If available, on horseback. Ride (walk or drive) to a secluded place and spend the afternoon together. If you are daring enough, make love after lunch if your site is deserted and secluded.
6. Rent a local billboard or reader board and purchase a message for your spouse.
7. Take your bride out in a limo to a nice restaurant followed by a couples massage. After the massage, buy her sexy lingerie and celebrate the anniversary all night long. Cap it off with breakfast in bed.
8. Surprise her (or him) with breakfast in bed and a new outfit to wear to work. Have flowers and a bear sent to the workplace. Stop by the workplace and stuff her/his car with balloons. Plan a romantic dinner at your favorite restaurant or have a candlelit dinner at home.
Federal Way resident Jason Coleman is co-author of "Discovering Your Amazing Marriage," which is available in local book stores. To learn more, visit www.youramazingmarriage.com.