K-9 Karnival: Ice cream eating contest and more Sept. 22
September 15, 2012 · Updated 4:36 PM
From staff reports:
Activities and contests include a silly dog show, bone hunt, bob for balls contest, and an ice cream eating contest (for both the pooches and their humans).
The Karnival runs noon to 3 p.m. Admission is $7 for the first canine companion, and $5 for each additional dog. Admission and parking is free for the dog owners, and all dogs attending must be leashed at all times.
A schedule of events:
• All Day: Bone hunt, bob for balls, radar run, dog crafts and vendor booths
• Noon: Introduction/welcome
• 12:30 p.m.: Silly Dog Show, Part 1: best dressed, happiest wag, most talkative
• 1 p.m.: Demonstration by Family Dog Training Center
• 1:30 p.m.: Dog/owner ice cream eating contest
• 2 p.m.: Demonstration by Federal Way K-9 Unit
• 2:30 p.m.: Silly Dog Show, Part 2: owner look-a-like, best kiss, best trick in 30 seconds, best of show
To learn more, contact (253) 835-6926 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.