- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Fright Fest at Wild Waves: Visit your local scream park
From staff reports:
Wild Waves Theme Park has become a Halloween-themed "scream park" with the annual Fright Fest.
Guests have the opportunity to experience the park after dark. Ride your favorite rides in the dark, wander through The Scream Factory Haunted House (for older kids), dance at the Thriller Wave Pool Dance Party (7 p.m. Oct. 29) and catch one of the thrilling entertainment shows.
This year’s Fright Fest will be held weekends in October, starting on Friday, Sept. 30, through Sunday, Oct. 30. Tickets are $24.99 plus tax at the gate (cheaper online). There is also a kids area and trick-or-treat path. Visit WildWaves.com.
2011 Fright Fest features:
• The Scream Factory Haunted House: Know that everywhere you go in this house, someone is always watching you. Rated PG-13 (scary and not recommended for young children).
• The “Reunion of Souls” show will rock the dead and revive the living nightly. The zombies teach the Thriller dance lessons at 8:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday nights.
• Sideshow Bennie’s Carnival of Wonders is back by popular demand, with fire eating and breathing, The World’s Most Famous Sword Swallower, the Human Blockhead and so much more. This show is rated PG-13 (scary and not recommended for young children).
• The Thriller Wave Pool Dance Party at 7 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 29: Dance to Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” at exactly the same moment as thousands of others across the nation and attempt to break the world dance record.
• Booville: Open from 6 to 8 p.m., this is a scare-free zone just for kids. Make a Creepy Crawly Craft to take home or make scary music in the Maniac Musicians zone. Trick or Treat down Booville Boulevard, a trail of kid-friendly haunted spots. Strike a pose in five different scary photo cutouts. Pop your way through the glow in the dark Bubble Blast zone.
Check it out
The 70-acre theme park is located on Enchanted Parkway just off Interstate 5 in Federal Way. Wild Waves features more than 60 attractions including 20 waterslides along with Washington’s biggest roller coaster, TimberHawk, and a steel roller coaster, The Wild Thing. A new water ride, Riptide, opened in 2011. Visit WildWaves.com.