- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Free tax return assistance runs Feb. 6-April 10
The AARP Tax-Aide program offers free tax return assistance and preparations in Federal Way:
• Federal Way 320th Library from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays starting Feb. 6; walk-ins on a first come, first serve basis. Taxpayers who come in Feb. 13 through April 10 without an appointment will be served on a first come, first serve basis.
• Service will also be at St. Luke’s Church (on S. 312th St.) on Wednesdays only from 5:30 to 9 p.m. (the last appointment will be at 7:45 p.m.) starting Feb. 10. Walk-ins only on a first-come, first-serve only.
• Tax-Aide counselors will be at the Woodmont Library from noon to 4 p.m. Wednesdays, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays and 5:30 to 9 p.m. on three Thursdays (Feb. 25, March 11 and March 25). To make an appointment by phone, call (253) 839-0121.
• Bring the following documentation: Picture ID (preferably a driver’s license); Social Security cards or documentation from the Social Security Administration; your 2008 tax return; all of your 2009 tax documentation (W-2s, 1099-Rs, etc.); your spouse if you are married; and your checkbook (for deposit).
• To schedule an appointment, call (888) 227-7669 or visit www.aarp.org/taxaide. Local contact is Gary Robertson: email@example.com.