- Elected leaders, hopefuls mull college at Weyerhaeuser site in Federal Way
- Federal Way chiropractor gives up license after sexual misconduct conviction
- Federal Way Public Schools staff rally before school starts
- Federal Way school board adopts budget for 2014-15
- Highline joins initiative to strengthen manufacturers
- Mirror's Citizen of the Month: Pastor Jon McIntosh
- State testing results released; schools hold steady
- Time capsule reveals history of longtime business, Federal Way | Slideshow
- Weyerhaeuser to move headquarters from Federal Way to Seattle
- Woman raped after hitchhiking | Federal Way Police Blotter
- About Us
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Erik Honda graduates from Iowa Law Enforcement Academy
Erik Honda, son of Federal Way City Councilwoman Susan Honda and husband Bruce Honda, was part of the 255th graduating class of the Iowa Law Enforcement Academy.
Honda's graduation ceremony took place on April 18, and he will now serve with the city of Dubuque Police Department.
According to information provided by his family, Honda is a 2002 graduate of Decatur High School, and attended the University of Dubuque, where he was a wrestler. He obtained a bachelor's degree in special education from the university and in 2010 added a masters degree in special education from Morningside College in Sioux City, Iowa. He currently lives in the city of Dubuque with his wife Kourtney, and their 3-year-old son Tatum.