- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Umpqua Bank donates grant to Federal Way’s Multi-Service Center
Umpqua Bank recently donated $2,500 grants to 20 organizations and schools from Umpqua’s $50,000 Good Deed Fund, which was generated through “good deed” pledges community members made in Umpqua stores and on its Facebook page.
Multi-Service Center in Federal Way was one of the organizations to receive a grant.
The beneficiaries - located throughout the company’s footprint of Oregon, Washington, Nevada and California - were nominated by their communities.
“Every day, nonprofits and schools are hard at work serving our communities in meaningful ways, as shown by the hundreds of submissions we received during the ‘Help Us Give’ campaign,” said Nicole Stein, Umpqua Bank’s vice president of community responsibility. “At Umpqua, we share the same passion for these local groups that our customers and communities do. Our Good Deed Fund grants celebrate organizations the communities we serve are passionate about and we’re pleased to support their important work.”
Between Nov. 21 and Dec. 2, community members nominated nonprofit organizations and schools for Good Deed Fund grants. In addition to the Federal Way organization, the resulting winners, chosen at random from every organization that met Umpqua Bank’s grant-giving guidelines, are as follows:
• Bellview Elementary – Ashland, Ore.
• Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Oregon – Bend, Ore.
• Children’s Advocacy Center of Jackson County – Medford, Ore.
• Disability Resources, Inc. – Reno, Nev.
• Douglas County Cancer Services – Roseburg, Ore.
• Eugene-Springfield Youth Orchestras – Eugene, Ore.
• LWC An Enrichment Program for Girls – Tuolumne County, Calif.
• Mi Casa Education, Inc. – Butte County, Calif.
• North Coast Preparatory and Performing Arts Academy – Arcata, Calif.
• Placer Land Trust – Auburn, Calif.
• Potluck in the Park – Portland, Ore.
• Project Open Hand – San Francisco, Calif.
• Seattle Children’s PlayGarden – Seattle, Wash.
• Senior Gleaners – Sacramento, Calif.
• Sonora Elementary – Sonora, Calif.
• South Albany High School – Albany, Ore.
• Trinity High School – Weaverville, Calif.
• Children’s Home Society, Triple Point project – Vancouver, Wash.
• Uprise Books Project – Vancouver, Wash.