- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Scouts plan Camp Kilworth time capsule event
At noon July 23, Boy Scouts and the general public will join Tacoma Rotary 8 in rededicating the lodge at Boy Scout Camp Kilworth in Federal Way that the Rotary Club of Tacoma built and dedicated on May 3, 1936.
The lodge was built on land previously owned by William Kilworth and his wife Augusta, then donated to the Tacoma Area Council, Boy Scouts of America on Feb. 28, 1934.
This lodge gave scouts a place to meet, conduct training, and hold events while camping at Camp Kilworth, located off Dash Point Road at 30900 50th Ave. SW. Kilworth placed a time capsule on the site 75 years ago. A new time capsule will replace the old capsule. For more details, contact (253) 752-7731.