- About Us
Mayor's Day of Concern for the Hungry: Donate food Sept. 25
The Mayor's Day of Concern for the Hungry takes place Sept. 25. Food for Federal Way's hungry may be dropped off between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. at the following locations:
• Twin Lakes Fred Meyer, 33702 21st Ave. S.W.
• Safeway, 1207 S. 320th St.
• Top Foods, 31515 20th Ave. S.
• Wal-Mart, 1900 S. 314th St.
• Wal-Mart Supercenter, 34520 16th Ave. S.
Anytime during September:
• Multi-Service Center Federal Way Food Bank, 1200 S. 336th St.
• Federal Way Farmers Market Chili Cook-off, 1928 S. Commons (from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.)
Residents with garbage service can participate by setting out food curbside. They may leave bags of non-perishables marked "food drive" on the curbside on their regularly scheduled garbage collection day the week of Sept. 20-24. Waste Management will retrieve the bags and drop them off at the Federal Way food bank. This will be the third year the garbage collector has participated in Federal Way's month of concern event.